David Cressman- Transportation Supervisor
610-264-3192; extension 2 (after 7:00 AM)
850 Pine Street- located at Catasauqua Middle School complex
Catasauqua, PA 18032
CALL 610-264-3192; ext. 1 before 7:00 AM and leave a message for the driver if your child does NOT need transportation that day
CATASAUQUA AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
TELE: (610) 264-3192
FAX: (610) 403-1061
BUS CONDUCT RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENTS
Dear Parents/Guardians & Students:
Below you will find a list of the rules and regulations that all students are subject to while riding on any school district vehicle.
1. ONLY BOARD THE BUS AT THEIR ASSIGNED PICK-UP LOCATION.
2. Remain in their seats until destination has been reached and the bus is stopped.
3. Sit in assigned seats, if the driver finds such procedure necessary.
4. Face forward at all times while bus is in motion.
5. Avoid all unnecessary conversation with the driver.
6. Talk only in low conversational voice with seat partners; loud talking or calling to persons in other portions of the bus is forbidden.
7. Use civil language at all times – obscene and vulgar talk is absolutely forbidden.
8. Not smoke on the bus – violators will be fined.
9. Keep the bus clean and free from litter at all times.
10. Refrain from marring the bus in any way. Any person willfully damaging a bus will be held responsible for the vandalism, and charged with institutional vandalism.
11. Keep hands, head and feet inside the bus at all times.
12. Leave the bus ONLY at their assigned stop.
13. Obey and respect the orders of the bus driver.
14. Not transport animals.
15. Be respectful of private property while waiting at the bus stop.
16. Not fight, push, shove, or hit others.
17. Follow all school rules and regulations pertaining to appropriate student behavior while riding on the bus.
18. Not eat food or drink on school vehicles.
19. Wear seat belts at all times, when vehicle is equipped with them.
Infractions involving school bus regulations and the Code of Student Discipline and Responsibilities will lead to removal of bus transportation privileges upon the third infraction.
PROJECTS: The district requests that parents/guardians transport their child to and from school when the child’s project is to be transported and the project is too large to fit into the child’s backpack/workbag or when the project contains liquids or moving objects. School buses do not have storage areas, and therefore we cannot guarantee that a project will not be damaged during the bus ride. Your cooperation is appreciated.
There will be times during the school year when one of our buses will break down or some other event may cause one of our buses to be unable to maintain its schedule. We ask your indulgence when these situations arise. If time permits, we will try to notify all students in advance. It is also important that all of the students be at their respective bus stops at least five (5) minutes before their scheduled pick-up time. This procedure will allow our drivers to maintain their scheduled pick-up time for each bus stop. In addition, if our buses are running late in the morning, and there has been no previous notification by radio or other means, please instruct your children to wait at least fifteen (15) minutes after their scheduled pick-up time before they return to their homes.
Notice to Parents/Guardians – School Bus Accident Insurance Program
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of insurance regulations and procedures in the event that your child or children are involved in a school bus accident. In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania insurance regulations are established under no fault provisions. Therefore, in the event of an accident you will be required to contact your individual automobile insurance agent or carrier and submit a claim. This will include accidents in which the school bus and another vehicle are involved, or just the school bus itself is involved. There are no options to file a claim directly with the Catasauqua Area School District. Your insurance agent or carrier is required to file against the correct individuals on the basis of the claim that you submit. If you have questions concerning the no-fault provisions of the law as it pertains to school bus accidents, please contact your insurance carrier.
Student’s bus locations and pick up times are on the reverse side of this letter.
We thank you for your cooperation.