Differentiated Supervision & Teacher Evaluation
CASD Differentiated Supervision & Teacher Evaluation
Catasauqua Area School District administration, elementary, middle, and high school teachers, and union leaders collaborated to create a differentiated supervision program that provides increased opportunities for professional learning without sacrificing quality assurance. In 2013-2014 we updated our differentiated supervisory options to align with the PDE Educator Effectiveness guidelines and regulations. Please click on the files/links at the bottom of this page as well as the differentiated supervision options that are linked on the left side of the webpage for more information.
CASD Supervision/Evaluation Plan
Classroom Teachers - Use MLPOasys for Documentation Purposes
- Classroom Teacher Evaluations will be derived from:
- 50% Observation and Practice
- 15% Building Level Data (SPP Score)
- 15% Teacher Specific Data
- 20% Elective Data
- Complete the Teacher Self Assessment in MLPOasys
- Complete all SLO documents in MLPOasys
- CASD Differentiated Supervision Program
- Clinical Model - Teachers participating in the clinical model, must complete all required pre-observation and post-observation face to face conferences and documentation in MLPOasys.
- Differentiated Supervision Options (Peer Coaching, Action Research, Faculty Study Group & Portfolio) - Teachers must complete the proposal, mid year progress report, and end of year reflection forms within MLPOasys.
- Teachers must complete the Domain 4 Evidence Summary Sheet ithin MLPOasys by May 1st.
- Final Rating determined using the 82-1 Rating Form.
- Non-tenured teachers will participate in the clinical model of observation with drop-in observations and will be evaluated twice annually.
- Teachers identified as "Needs Improvement" will participate in the clinical model of observation with drop-in observations and will be evaluated twice annually.
- Teachers participating in Differentiated Supervision Options (peer coaching, action research, faculty study group, portfolio) will receive a minimum of two drop-in observations.
- Tenured Teachers must cycle through the clinical observation a minimum of one time every 5 year cycle.
- Tenured Teachers must cycle through peer observation a minimum of one time every 5 year cycle.
Educational Specialists/Non-Teaching Professionals
- Educational Specialist/Non-Teaching Professional Evaluations will be derived from;
- 80% Observation & Practice
- 20% Building Level Data (SPP score)
- Educational specialists must complete the Self Assessment in MLPOasys
- Educational Specialist Danielson Rubrics (located under "related links") will be used to guide administrator evaluation of educational specialists.
- Educational specialists must complete the Domain Evidence Summary Sheet (located under "related files") within MLPOasys by May 1st.
- Final Rating determined using the 82-3 Rating Form.
For more information on PA's Educator Effectiveness System, click on the below links: