My Home Page
Welcome to Ms. Moore's Class!
Science and Social Studies
7th Grade Ms. Moore email@example.com
Science and Social Studies
The Catasauqua Area School District subscribes to numerous on-line and print resources that are available for all students in order to maintain learning and provide some level of continuity. While this will not replace school days, it can serve as extended learning opportunities for your child with review and reinforcement. The following resources are available to access during the school closure.
Links for Parents from CASD
- COVID-19 Information (LINK)
- Link to the District Continuity of Education Plan
- Link to the online learning platform is in Google Classroom. Students with questions should contact me via my email. All students have this code. We set up the classroom in September.
- Link to the CASD Tech Support Page and any other support docs for Google Classroom
- Link to the 2020 Parents' Guide to Google Classroom - PowerPoint
- Ms. Roth may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or 484-275-0462
Parents-I will be sending you and your children a weekly Google Document via email and on Google Classroom. The list shown below should help you and your child through this process.
- Your child will be able to open it in the Google Classroom format they are already familiar with and you will be able to open it in your email. This online document will provide a daily lesson and daily requirements for your child. I will provide online "office hours" viaZoom( how to is found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xXZxRDFUU) from 9 am until 10 am every Tuesday and 4pm until 5 pm every Thurday. Students may log in on a Friday during those hours. A link will be posted on my weekly Google docs. The Friday Google doc slide will include a log in code.
- Assignmentsfor the week will be posted by 8:00 am on Monday of each week. I will post a week's worth of work. Students should have a half and hour a day for both LA and Social Studies.
- Gradingwill be done in a way that will allow you and your child to maintain flexibility. Attendance will be taken base on weekly completion of assignments. If the due date is Friday and students complete all work by the following Monday, they will be marked present for the week.
- Grading Policy:
- In order to receive grades and credit, students must engage regularly and complete course requirements.
- 4th Quarter academic performance will be reported pass/fail.
Students-- You may also email me with any questions or concerns. I am happy to provide you with resources you may use to enhance your current knowledge and offer some resources for you until I see you again.
Students--If you have issues logging in to Discovery Education or Google Classroom please try using a different browser. I think Chrome works the best.
My science and social studies classes --I sent out practice worksheets and study guides through Google Classroom. You can learn how to use this tool by logging into Google Classroom. At this point in time, please let me know if you are not able to open the article from Google Classroom. THANK YOU!!