SEVENTH GRADE - LANGUAGE ARTS
Online Learning Welcome!MRS. GREIG'S 7TH GRADE ELA WEBSITE
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE LEARNING BEGINNING ON 4/14/2020
Mrs. Greig email@example.com
Parents-I will be sending you and your children a weekly Google Slides Document via email and on Google Classroom. The list shown below should help you and your child through this process.
- Your child will be able to open it in the Google Classroom format they are already familiar with, and you will be able to open it in your email. This online document will provide a daily ELA lesson/requirements for your child.
- The seventh grade team will provide online "office hours" via Zoom. ( how to use Zoom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xXZxRDFUU) from 9 am until 10 am every Tuesday and 4pm until 5 pm every Thursday. Students may log in during those hours. A link will be posted in an email sent to you and on my website.
- Assignments for the week will be posted by 9:00 am every Monday. I will post a week's worth of assignments. Students should work for approximately 30 minutes a day on ELA assignments.
- Grading will be captured in a manner that will allow you and your child to maintain flexibility when completing assignments.
- Attendance will be taken based on weekly completion of assignments. If the due date is Friday for assignments and students complete all work by the following Monday, they will be marked present for the week.
- In order to receive grades and credit, students must engage regularly and complete course requirements.
- 4th Quarter academic performance will be reported pass/fail.
A great resource to work on at home while schools are closed would be Exact Path. Please take some time to work on your reading and language arts learning paths. To access Exact Path Learning for Reading or Language Arts go to:
The Catasauqua Area School District subscribes to numerous on-line and print resources that are available for all students in order to maintain learning and provide some level of continuity. While this will not replace school days, it can serve as extended learning opportunities for your child with review and reinforcement. The following resources are available to access during the school closure. Links for Parents from CASD
- COVID-19 Information (LINK)
- Link to the District Continuity of Education Plan
- Link to the CASD Tech Support Page and any other support docs for Google Classroom
- Link to the 2020 Parents' Guide to Google Classroom - PowerPoint
- Link to the Parents Guide to Google Classroom in 2020 - YouTube Video
- Mrs. Greig may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students--If you need to, please send an email to me if you have forgotten your logins and passwords. You may also email me with any questions you may have. If you have issues logging in to Exact Path or Google Classroom please try using a different browser. I think Chrome works the best.