My Home Page - 7th Grade Social Studies
Welcome to Virtual Learning
7th Grade Ms. Roth email@example.com
Social Studies and Language Arts
The Catasauqua Area School District subscribes to numerous on-line and print resources that are available for all students in order to maintain learning and provide some level of continuity. While this will not replace school days, it can serve as extended learning opportunities for your child with review and reinforcement. The following resources are available to access during the school closure.
Click here to watch our team video
Links for Parents from CASD
- COVID-19 Information (LINK)
- Link to the District Continuity of Education Plan
- Links to Google Classroom are the same one I gave students at the beginning of this school year. All students MUST log in through theri CASD gmail account.
- Link to the CASD Tech Support Page
- Link to the 2020 Parents' Guide to Google Classroom - PowerPoint
- Ms. Roth may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. The link to my web page is https://www.cattysd.org/Domain/341. This link was sent to you via email.
Parents-I will be sending your children a weekly Google Lessons via email through Google Classroom. Your child will log into Google Classroom with their codes and passwords that were sent via email to you and your child. These are the same passwords and codes your child has used in my classroom all year. The list shown below should help you and your child through this process. Again, students will only be accepted into my Google Classroom when they use their CASD gmail account.
1. Your child will be able to open my lesson in the Google Classroom format they are already familiar with. Please have students log into Google Classroom by using ONLY their CASD web address and password. My lessons will appear in Google Slides through Google Classroom. Each slide will provide a daily lesson and daily requirements for your child. I will provide online "office hours" via Zoom ( how to is found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xXZxRDFUU) from 9 am until 10 am every Tuesday and 4pm until 5 pm every Thurday. Students may log into Zoom during those hours to meet with the 7th grade teachers. I will send an email with that password and code to parents and students.
2. Assignments for the week will be posted by 9:00 am on Monday of each week. I will post a week's worth of work. Students should have a half and hour a day for both LA and Social Studies. Assignments are due by Friday evening at the end of each week.
3. Attendance Policy:
- Assignments for the week will be posted by 9:00 AM Monday of each week.
- In order to maintain flexibility, attendance will be taken based on weekly completion of assignments. The due date for work is the following Friday. Students who complete all work by the following Friday evening will recieve credit for assignment done daily.
3. Grading will be done in a way that will allow you and your child to maintain flexibility. Attendance will be taken base on weekly completion of assignments. Again, the due date for the week's work is Friday by 6 pm. Students who have completed the work by Friday at 6 pm will be marked present for the week and recieve credit for the week's work.
- Grading Policy:
- In order to receive grades and credit, students must engage regularly and complete course requirements.
- 4th Quarter academic performance will be reported pass/fail
4. Codes for students to use to log into Google Classroom. These codes were emailed to you and your child.
Students--If you need to, please send an email to me if you have forgotten your logins and passwords. Please log into your Google Classroom by ONLY using your CASD login in and password. You may also email me with any questions you may have. I am happy to provide you with resources you may use to enhance your current knowledge and to offer some resources for you until I see you again. My email is email@example.com.
Students--If you have issues logging in to Exact Path, Discovery Education or Google Classroom please try using a different browser. Chrome seems to work the best.
For Language Arts students-please keep up to date by doing Exact Path. Exact Path will help keep your reading skills sharp. Please let me know if you need your password and/or login.